The Hummer brand has recently released its first-ever electric Hummer truck. Since the brand discontinued Hummer in 2010, it’s interesting to see how it’s making a swift comeback in 2022 with its newly released GMC Hummer EV.
The truck is quite a beast on its own and the brand has announced that the GMC Hummer will first appear as a truck and later the SUV version will emerge into the market. The starting price of this first-of-its-kind car by Hummer is ₦39,997.500 ($79,995). The most expensive model of it will be the Edition 1, going on sale with a starting price of ₦55,147.500 ($110,295).
Apart from the fact that this truck appears to be the first of its kind for the Hummer brand, it has also been noted to be faster than a Lamborghini. Now, let’s look at some of its features and what makes it faster than a Lamborghini.
Features Of The GMC Hummer EV Edition 1
The car is made up of so many interesting and cool features. Some of them include;
- It comes with daytime running lights
- The tail light is decorated with the “H” symbols everywhere on the car
- The front has sequential turn signals that also double as a battery indicator when you’re charging it and also shows the battery level like how you see a phone battery
- The car has no engine. What is installed inside the bonnet are covers for the roof panels that you can store inside
- It also has an unlock feature from inside the bonnet which also serves as an anti-kidnap button
- The headlights of the GMC are located on the bumper
- The car is made up of a two-tone paint job
- The tires are 35 inches with 18 inches rims because the car is naturally designed for off-roading
- Beneath the car are panels installed for the protection of the internals
- On the side are rock sliders with an H-shape that double as steps
- The trunk has two different buttons that bring down each panel of the trunk door and it also comes with a multi-step function with speakers installed
- The car also has to charge ports in the trunk area
- The car’s charging port for charging the Hummer is by the side
- The car back seats come with a secret compartment
- As an American car, you’ll also find the logo of the American flag engraved on the car as an added detail
- The car has four individual glass panels on the roof that can be disconnected
- The car has a geographical map by the side of the driver’s door and on the foot mat.
- The car’s interior is designed with simple but high-tech devices and also comes with a spacious inside that makes off-roading interesting
- The car also has a crab walk button that allows it to go full crab walk mode. The feature is specifically designed for rock crawling for when the Hummer gets stuck in a rock.
- The rear view camera can be flicked into a normal rear view mirror.
- There are several storage compartments and cup holders you’ll find inside the car
- There’s a facial recognition camera to ensure you’re keeping your eyes on the road
- The car has a Watt To Freedom mode which is your launch control
How Is It Faster Than The Lamborghini?
The car has 1,000 horses and does 0-60 MPH in only 3 seconds, making it faster than the Lamborghini.
It’s almost unimaginable that the American Hummer brand that was discontinued in 2010 will make a comeback 12 years later as a fully electric car, only to be faster than a Lamborghini.
GMC has made an extraordinary comeback with the Hummer EV which is designed with some of the most outstanding tech features, and future-proofed, making it capable of outliving a lot of car innovations yet to emerge.